- Mayon came from the word “Magayon” which means beautiful.
- Most active volcano in the Philippines and a part of the Pacific Ring of Fire.
- Considered as the most perfect volcano because of its symmetry.
- The main landmark on the Province of Albay and shared geographically by eight municipalities: Legazpi, Daraga, Camalig, Guinobatan, Ligao, Tabaco, Malilipot, and Santo Domingo.
- It was declared a national park and protected landscape on July 20, 1938. Then later in year 2000 it was reclassified and renamed as Mayon Volcano Natural Park.
- In February 1, 1814 was the most destructive eruption in the history of Mt. Mayon that killed 1,200 people.
- The longest uninterrupted eruption that lasted seven days of raining fire occurred on June 23, 2015