Travelling is part of our life. Visiting places, escaping the stressful environment and exploring different culture are some of the best experience that you would love about travelling. However, travelling is not all about enjoying the trips. You also have to consider that travelling requires money. You would never want to travel without carrying anything in your pocket.
When travelling, you would definitely try to check out some of the famous restaurants, pubs and clubs. With limited budget, you would not enjoy the amenities the place has to offer except if your trip is geared up to activities like hiking and camping.
Here are some tips on how to save your budget and prepare yourself for travelling.
1. Plan and schedule your travel. Travelling is not like going to the grocery store and wanting to buy everything you like with limited budget. When you travel, you need to plan ahead and think of the places that you wanted to visit. This gives you time to research and the opportunity whether to continue or reschedule your trip. You can check different airline promos and sale seats for earlier booking and cheaper prices.
2. Evaluate your lifestyle. Try to evaluate your lifestyle. Do you usually hang out with your friends in the mall, party in the pubs or go for shopping every payday? Though it is good for socialization, it contributes on your expenses rather than putting it on your savings for future travel plans.
3. Be a smart shopper. Knowing where and when to buy are two great things in order to save more money. Learn how to save more money when buying at the grocery store by checking their promo and wholesale section. For example, when you buy fresh products, prefer to go to wet market instead to a grocery store. Price difference is at most 10% cheaper.
4. Try cooking your own meal. Getting up early and preparing your own breakfast saves more money than buying your meal. It is better to spend time preparing your meal rather than spending your money. Besides you can choose your own food and improve your cooking skills.
5. Get busy and be more busy. It has been observed that being busy not just in work but in other activities gives you more opportunity in saving money. Being involve in other activities like sports, cleaning and other curricular activities sets our focus to accomplish the task, thus, leaving your expenses unattended.
6. Live a simple life. The simple life you have, the more you will be able to save. Since you are not spending too much on material things, your financial aspect starts to grow and this gives you more chances to save for your future expenses.
Now that we have the basics, hope that in your next travel, you will be more prepared than before.